Before I begin today’s post, I have just got to give a huge thank you to the Seattle Mariners ball club. Not only have you given us studs like Adam Jones, and Chris Tillman, but now you’ve helped us bolster our lineup even more with Mr. Mark Trumbo. For that, I must give thanks.
Tonight, in Arlington, we will see Yovani Gallardo take on his former team, the Texas Rangers. Yovani is in search of his second win this season, as his last start in Boston went as a no-decision. Gallardo was touched for 5 runs on 7 hits through 5 innings in that 96 pitch effort. At Globe Life Park, Yovani holds a lifetime 8-6 record through 16 starts. With the Vanimal going 6 innings last night, it was sort of a rest for the bullpen, and I would love to see Gallardo duplicate his outing from 4/6, and go 7 innings tonight.
Through 10 games, the Orioles lead the American League in Average (.294), HR’s (20), RBI’s (54), Runs (56), Hits (99), Slugging % (.540), and OBP % (.357). Alternatively, the O’s are 8th in the league in strikeouts (80). On the pitching side, the Orioles are tied for 4th with Tampa Bay in ERA (3.48), and tied with Toronto for 5th for strikeouts (89).
- Colby Lewis has started 7 games against the O’s, pitching to a 2-4 record, with a 6.11 ERA.
- Adam Jones is 5-18 (.278) lifetime vs. Lewis, with a HR.
- J…J…Hardy is 6-18 (.333) lifetime vs. Lewis, with 2 dongs, 2 doubles, and 4 RBI’s.
- Chris Davis has hit 2 HR’s off Lewis, and holds a lifetime .500 (4-8) against him.
- Manny Machado now has a 10-game hit streak.
Expect cloudy skies, with thunderstorms expected all day today in Arlington, and a high of 72° around first pitch. With the Orioles bats, I see then making it rain all night.